Guidelines for Authors
The following ethical guidelines are mandatory for all author(s). Violation of these guidelines may result in application of penalties by the competent authorities, which will be lead to the suspension or cancellation of publishing rights.
- Will ensure that the research report and data contains on satisfactory detail and references.
- False, knowingly inaccurate or inappropriate statements are unethical and unacceptable in any way/case.
Originality of Research and Plagiarism:
- If Plagiarism found in any of its forms, it sets up unethical publishing manners and leads to rejection of research.
- Material quoted in same must be placed in quotation marks.
- Similarity index shouldn’t be more than 19%.
Declaration & Certificate:
- A declaration certificate will be required that the Article/Research Paper/manuscript contains only author(s) original work that is not under consideration for publishing in any other journal/proceedings in any form.
- Co-authored paper must be accompanied by an undertaking in order to claim right to authorship and to ensure that all have agreed to the sequence/order of authorship.
Submission to Other Journal for Publication:
- Submission of the same manuscript to more than one journal is unethical and lead to rejection at once.
Acknowledgment of Sources in Research:
- A paper must contain proper acknowledgment of the work of others.
- The author(s) must also acknowledge the contributions of people, organizations and institutes who assisted the process of research or financial funding (in the acknowledgement).
- It is duty of the author(s) to conduct a literature review and cite the original publications.
Research Work Authorship Credit:
- Authorship of the work will be only credited to those who have made a significant contribution in presentation of concept, data analysis and writing up of the manuscript.
- The corresponding author(s) should ensure that all co- authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
Privacy of Participants/Author(s):
- Authors must respect the privacy of the participant(s) of research.
- Authors must ensure that in examples where the identity of the participant needs to be revealed in the study, obvious and informed consent of the concerned party is obtained.
Research Data Access and Preservation:
- If any question arises about the accuracy or validity of the research work during the review process the author(s) should provide raw data to the Editor.
Already Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest:
- The potential conflicts of interest of all author(s) must be conveyed to the editor at the earliest possible stage, including but not limited to employment, consultancies, honoraria, etc.
- If necessary for Research, all sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed at earliest.
Conditions of Manuscript’s Acceptance and Rejection:
- 60 days after submission of Paper and receiving acknowledgement letter, the author can ask about the status of his article.
- In case of any recommended and suggested revision, the author(s) will be demanded to revise his research accordingly in time given from Editor-in-Chief. Later on, he must provide a description of all corrections made in the manuscript and the revised copy.
- If author does not satisfy over the decision of rejection, the author can appeal the decision by contacting the Editor-in-Chief.
No APC & No Submission Charges:
- Research Journal "jmr” is devoted to Publish high quality Content. It is fully open access publication. Therefore, right now there is no APC / Article Processing Charges or APF Article Publishing Fees(s). As well as there is no Submission Charges.
- The Author of every Research Paper will be awarded one hard copy of issue in which his paper is published. However if he needs more copies, he can apply for Subscription mode in which he is interested. Details are available in Subscriptions tab.
Format Requirements & Guidelines
- General Requirements:
- Articles should be relevant and around the topics of Social Sciences.
- Similarly, introduction & comments on literature and Reviews on books, except on the paper(s) which discusses Literature oriented theme/books methodological themes or Services of any Person/ entity/organization/school of thought.
- Research Journal "jmr” strictly follows the plagiarism policy of Higher Education Commission of Pakistan in its true letter and spirit. Manuscripts submitted to "jmr” should be original and must not be plagiarized. Every submitted article is checked for plagiarism through “turnitin” software. If Similarity Index (SI) of the article is above 20% then it will sent back to the corresponding author to revision and bring its SI below 20%. If plagiarism is proved after publication of the article, that article will be immediately withdrawn and removed from the journal website and the concerned authors will be considered ineligible for publication of their article in "jmr”.
- Research articles will be forwarded for peer review to two nominated referees, after approval of the Executive Committee.
- Copyright laws shall be applied in accordance with the HEC’s laws & CC- BY licensing.
- Editorial Committee reserves the rights of necessary amendments, changes and cancellation.
- All research articles published in "jmr” express the viewpoints of their authors so every article is the sole responsibility of the writer whilst Editorial Committee has no responsibility in this regard.
- Paper must be containing on Title page, Abstract, Introduction of research topic, literature review, Results & Conclusions, References.
- Number of pages consecutively, beginning with the title page. Page number should be in the Center of Header.
- The manuscript should be written in only MS Word, A4 size paper, no other template will be accepted. “Times New Roman” and for Arabic “Traditional Arabic” font should be used. Manuscript written in any other Font will not be accepted. Total length of paper should not exceed to 20 pages. Paper title font should be 14pt and other text should be in 12pt size, while the references font must be 10pt.
- Provide on a separate page an abstract of 150 to 200 words followed by the keywords for respective article. This abstract should consist of Introduction of Topic & its Significance, Research Methodology, Basic Study Results and Conclusion. This should briefly describe the problem being addressed in the study, how the study was performed and what the authors conclude from the results.
- Minimum 05 Keywords relating to the article subject should be given.
- Discuss the purpose of the Research and summarize the foundation for the study.
Results & Conclusion:
- Describe your results in logical sequence in the end of text. The conclusion of the study should be expressed very clearly and in influential perspective.
- Complete References should be given in Footnote, however it is the responsibility of author to set them [if asked] after sending manuscript.
- Text and references must follow the format outlined in Chicago Manual of style, 16th edition.
- All footnotes citing books must contain the complete title, name of the author(s), place of publication, publishing company, and date.
- All historical names, titles, and non-English terminology & words must be transliterated properly according to the table enlisted in journal’s website.
Important: Please note that only Paper(s) received through OJS/online will be processed. Paper received late or not compiled as prescribed guidelines will not be processed at all.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.